Nobel is the most prestigious prize ever in the world. Alfred Novel, Swedish chemist had given a large share of his fortune to this prize that is why it is named after him ‘Nobel’. Nobel prize is a series of awards given to a person who does the best work in a particular field for the betterment of the world.
The most interesting facts about Nobel prize is there is no Nobel prize for mathematics. Even the most excellent student or scholar will never get a Nobel prize in mathematics.
- Did you know who got first Nobel Prize? From where did the idea of Nobel Prize came?
In this article, you will get know some top unknown facts about Nobel Prize.
Please read the article till the end, we are going to reveal the important things about the Nobel prize one by one. Let’s begin!
- What are the Alfred Nobel Facts?
Many of you do not know about the facts of the Nobel Prize that very few Nobel Prizes were given in World War First and World War Second. In a year, if the works are not up to the mark then no Nobel prize is awarded in that year! This one is one of the best Nobel prize facts which everyone must be aware of.
- What is the Nobel peace prize?
There is another mind-blowing aspect which adds to the Nobel Peace Prize facts.
- In the year of 1979, Mother Teresa was the winner of the Nobel peace prize. For poverty & distressed people, she had devoted her entire life.
- In the year of 2014 Malala Yousafzai, who was just seventeen years old, the Taliban girl won the Nobel peace prize. And till now she is the youngest Nobel prize, winner.
- Do you know what is the unique fact of Nobel prize?
The most unique facts about Nobel prize is yet unfolded in this article. Let’s unfold now! Marie Curie is the only woman who has been honored twice with the Nobel prize. She got the first award in 1903 in Physics and second prize in Chemistry in 1911. From 1901 to 2018, only 50 Nobel Prizes have been awarded to women. It is one of the best facts from the top 11 facts about Nobel prize.
- How Hitler won the Nobel prize?
Adolf Hitler, the German fascist did not allow three Nobel laureates to accept the Nobel prize. Later on, when they received the honour, they got the medal and the diploma but the cash prize was not given to them.
Several categories of Nobel prize:-
There are different Nobel prize categories namely, Nobel peace prize, Nobel prize in Literature, Physics, Chemistry, Physiology, Medicine and some more.
- Rabindranath Tagore was the first Nobel prize winner from India and West Bengal also. He won the Nobel prize for literature.
- The first Nobel Peace Prize was awarded in 1901 to Henry Dunant and Frédéric Passy, this is a great Nobel prize fact.
- John Bardeen is the only Nobel Laureate who has received the Nobel Prize twice in the Physics. The first award was received in 1956 and the second in 1972.
- A most interesting fact is that from India only three Bengalis have received the Nobel Prize. No other states have that record. The great Nobel prize owners are Rabindranath Tagore (1913), Amartya Sen (1998) & Mr. Abhijit Banerjee (2019)
- What is the peace prize?
Some of the Nobel peace prize facts are that the 30 peace prizes are shared by two Laureates. After 67 years of Alfred Nobel, Sweden Central Bank with a donation from the Nobel Foundation established the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in memory of Late Alfred Nobel.
- Who won the maximum number of Nobel prizes?
Barabara McClintock is the only one woman out of the 12 who won Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine who owns an unshared Nobel prize. These are some impressive facts about Nobel prize.
- How the Nobel prize come from?
The facts about Nobel prize we have put together are really amazing and will add to your knowledge about the Nobel prize. One of the facts about Nobel prize winners is that three laureates were in prison when they received the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Who is the old personality, received the Nobel prize?
The average age of Nobel laureates for all prize categories from the year 1901 to 2018 was 60. Though the oldest prize winner, Leonid Hurwicz was 90 years old and he won the Nobel prize for Economics. This is one of the most incredible facts about Nobel prize.
- Do you know how many Indians have received the Nobel Prize yet?
So far, only 9 Indians have received the Nobel Prize. The first of which was given to Nobel Prize Rabindra Nath Tagore in Literature in 1913.